WHAT'S NEW IN NJSHAD
- NJSHAD News Subscription Service (Feb 2018)
- Final 2016 Birth Data (Feb 2018)
- Provisional 2016 Death Statistics (Jan 2018)
- 2015 PRAMS Survey Data (Jan 2018)
- 2015 Marriage and 2016 Civil Union and Domestic Partnership Counts (Oct 2017)
DID YOU KNOW THAT NJBRFS...
- stands for NJ Behavioral Risk Factor Survey?
- is a telephone survey of NJ adults (age 18 and older)?
- provides prevalence data on a variety of chronic diseases, like asthma, depression, and diabetes?
- provides rates for risky behaviors, like smoking, not wearing a seatbelt, or not exercising?
- is a source of screening data, like rates for mammograms and cholesterol tests?
- is part of the national Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)?
- has been around since 1991?
- Go to NJBRFS Indicator Reports and Data Query
The New Jersey Department of Health's State Health Assessment Data (NJSHAD) System provides access to public health datasets, statistics, and information on the health status of New Jerseyans.
The New Jersey State Health Assessment Data (NJSHAD) System provides access to public health datasets, statistics, and information on the health status of New Jerseyans in five ways:
- Health Topic pages contain links to all related information in NJSHAD for more than 20 public health topic areas
- Community Profiles for all 21 counties and 4 racial/ethnic groups for Healthy NJ objectives, leading causes of death, and more
- Reports on over 200 public health status indicators containing graphs, data tables, and explanatory information
- Dataset Queries that allow users to interactively create graphs, maps, and data tables from public health datasets
- Other Data & Resources such as links to other data sources, partner organizations, and additional information about public health data
- By Health Topic
- By Health Initiative
- By Community
Reports and Statistics
- Leading Causes of Death
- Infant Mortality
- Communicable Diseases
- Access to Health Care
- Health Disparity Priority Areas
Create Your Own Report
- Births by Municipality (7,9)
- County Death Rates (6)
- General Health Status
- Infant Deaths by County or Municipality (8,9)
- Leading Causes of Death by County (6,8)
- Heart Attack Hospitalizations (4,8)
NJSHAD does not work properly in
pre-Version 9 Internet Explorer. Even if your IE version is up to date, it may still emulate an older version and NJSHAD will not display or work properly. Please use one of the other browsers listed here.